“Members only” sounds like such a luxury, but at the 2016 Korean Festival you can join the Korean American Society of Houston (KASH) with a $45 tax-deductible donation for membership, which includes an all-day pass to a dedicated KASH Pavilion with additional performances and demonstrations. The exclusive perks inside the KASH Pavilion tent include:
- VIP access to reserved seating at an otherwise packed festival
- complimentary tasting menu and soft drinks provided by various festival vendors and sponsors
- meet-and-greets with performers
- interactive demos with sponsors Optimal Golf, the Houston Rockets and Houston Dynamos
- chef demos and samples from Republic Diner & Sojubang, HoodaDak and Caffe Bene. We will also be enjoying hotteoks (a traditional pancake-like dessert) made by dedicated volunteers.
- one-year membership the Korean American Society of Houston (KASH), which provides discounts at select Korean restaurants (see details below), KASH events and other cultural events
- KFest raffle ticket ($10 value) to be drawn at KASH Holiday Party
- 10 KFest food vendor tickets ($10 value)
- access to additional restroom facilities
If you make your membership donation online, the membership packet can also be picked up at the KASH Kiosk at KFest. You can also make your membership donation at the event.
Performances inside the KASH Pavilion include:
- Houston Symphony
- Han Narea, a traditional Korean children’s dance troop
- Moko Music
- Rice Chamber School of Music Chamber Orchestra
- Woori Salmunori
- Korean American Cultural Center of San Antonio
- Houston Rockets Cheerleaders
KASH is a quickly growing cultural organization, and is working hard to also negotiate discounts to other cultural events and participating Korean restaurants to spread the Korean Festival joy all-year-around!
Attending the Korean Festival is a great way to spend a day gaining exposure to and enjoying Korean culture. By becoming a KASH member, you gain access to broader cultural, educational and social benefits. Houston’s Korean community celebrates its tradition and heritage, but is also part of the wider Houston community, culture and arts. Joining KASH means you can enjoy those connections and celebrations year-round, not just at KFest. The annual membership, with a $45 tax-deductible donation to KASH, includes the following year-round benefits:
- 10% discount to HoodaDak
- 10% discount to Caffe Bene
- 10% discount to Simply Pho
- 10% discount to Mel’s Seafood Shack
- 10-15% discount to The HanBok
In addition, while at the Korean Festival, KASH members are given 10 KFest Food Tickets ($10 value) and 1 Entry into the Korean Festival Raffle ($10 value).
The KASH Pavilion will provide members with experiences that enhance their KFest attendance. Their membership will give them other opportunities during the year to check out other cultural events. Another fun perk is KASH members receive a complimentary serving at our crawfish festival. We want you to join the KASH community. Click here to sign up for the annual membership.
The Korean-American Society of Houston (KASH) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Korean culture to encourage deeper interactions between the Korean-American Community and the greater public. We achieve our mission by hosting events that support local businesses, facilitate professional networking, and showcase the arts.